January 29, 2013

Valentine's Day Gift Guide: 2013

For a sophisticated spin on the standard box of chocolates, how about a box of mini macarons instead?

It’s just about time to dream up this year’s Valentine’s Day plans and gifts, and as I mentioned in last year’s guide, I’m a big believer in using the holiday to celebrate all your loves, not just the romantic ones, and to keeping the festivities low-key and sweet. This year the boy and I will be ordering pizza, uncorking a bottle of red wine, and watching a movie, a mini-tradition for us, as well as having dinner with friends a few nights later. While I’ve asked for my personal favorite v-day gift, a love note, here are a few other ideas for sweet, little gifts.

xx Molly

Pretty Little Things: Sometimes all you need is a lovely keepsake to remember a special day, like a heart paperweight, heart straws, a tiny dish that reads "I couldn't heart you more" or sparkly mineral magnets.



Jewelry: What girl doesn't love jewelry? For Valentine's Day, I think it's best to choose feminine pieces, like a pink heart ring, a pastel beaded bracelet, or twinkly earrings.


Flowers: Obviously a classic for the holiday, but why not get something that will last forever, instead of just a week or two, like realistic silk flowers or a flowering potted plant?

No comments:

Post a Comment